Details on our 3 day training event for Value Stream Mapping
• Proven methodology.
• Focus on knowledge transfer from trainer to site.
• Material delivered by experienced trainers.
• Development of Current and Future State map.
• Development of Action Plan.
• Completion of ‘Waste Walk’.
• Facilitation of a company Value Stream Map.
• Training based on a real-live site project.
• Bespoke templates and worksheets supplied to use in your own future projects.
• Practical exercises to enable rapid learning in real environments.
• Can be delivered in modular format to suite availability.
• Completion of your very own Value Stream Map.
• Delegates learn to talk the Language of ‘Lean’.
• Show your manufacturing facility in a way not seen before.
• Map out processes to identify and reduce bottle necks.
• Indentify the areas of operational waste within your organisation.
• See opportunities for improvement.
- Reduce costs
- Optimise capacity
- Improve customer satisfaction
• Prioritise improvement activities through the identification of your Value Stream.
• Introduction to ‘Lean’ Methodology
• Benefits of adopting ‘Lean’ principles
• Concept of Value Added / Non-Value Added
• 7 Deadly Wastes
• Project selection (product/process)
• Current State Mapping
• Future State Mapping
• Takt time and improvement tools
• Implementation Planning
Designed to teach you how to devise and sustain a Value Stream Mapping (VSM) project, the purpose of which is to develop your company’s Current and Future State maps for a product line. From this we will assist you with the creation of your Implementation Plan. The Implementation Plan will identify immediate cost savings that can be made through the application of Value Stream Mapping.
Delegates who have little or no prior knowledge of the subject matter are welcome to attend this training. Through a mixture of simulation and practical project work the course will give employees the necessary tools and techniques to be able to go on and complete their own VSM project.
Due to the strategic nature of this event we recommend that support is granted from site management in order to drive the indentified improvement projects forward. This would come from having an overall responsibility for a factory or workplace improvement programme, or be in an operational management position within a manufacturing or process environment.